RurATechPromotion gGmbH cooperates with German institutions, organisations, companies and individuals to provide know-how to our partners in Ghana. Among other things, the following exemplary projects are planned in the following areas:
Agriculture and forestry
- Technological support for small farmers. Helping farmers to market their products. RurATechPromotion gGmbH supports small farmers by providing them with the necessary technical infrastructure for processing and marketing their products and by advising and supporting them in doing so. The profits will be invested earmarked for the improvement of the living conditions of the rural population.
- Construction of nurseries and botanical gardens.
- Support and strengthening of healthcare, participation in health programmes, participation in maintenance, construction and equipping of hospitals and health centres.
- Promotion of family medicine through the introduction of the German family doctor model.
- Promotion of telemedicine.
- Use of mobile medical practices and clinics.
- Promotion of medicinal plant and traditional medicine.
- Manufacture of briquettes from coconut shells, oil palm shells and bamboo.
- Promotion of environmentally friendly renewable energy (photovoltaic, solar UPS storage/battery, wind, water and biomass).
- Establishment, equipping and maintenance of educational institutions such as kindergartens, schools and vocational institutions according to the German Dual System Model.
- Educational sponsorships for children and young people (especially girls) from poorer backgrounds for the attendance of schools and secondary education institutions.
- Use of mobile libraries and bookshops (book bus).
- Introduction of the German Telekolleg (educational broadcasting) model.
- In addition to promoting education and the provision of knowledge of action, the activities of the company is to contribute to consumer protection, environmental protection and landscape conservation.
- Promotion of waste management (waste separation, recycling for energy production as well as wood recycling for the production of school furniture and building boards).
- protection of natural resources (Ending of deforestation).
- Enforcement of infrastructure measures, such as construction wells, water supply systems or water protection.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Construction of cost-effective modern brick houses applying Hydraform technology.